Originally, I was invited to go and recruit potential graduate students (so they come to UVa) at an undergraduate research conference held in Salt Lake City. How convenient! So we decided to all go out and visit my family out there. What a great time we had! I also managed to make a brief visit to BYU and gave my first scientific talk to faculty and students in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology there. It was challenging and I enjoyed it very much.
It was fun to see my brothers Gaby and Jorge and their families. Most of all, I (Sergio) enjoyed watching the all the cousins play together and have a great time.
So, without further ado, here are the pictures.
Relaxing with the children after my talk at BYU. They had a blast finally being there. They hear all about it (specially during football season) so they were happy to finally see the place . Next time, I'm taking them to a football game. I love this picture of Elli and Ethan at the Provo Temple. They are cute kids.
Even amateur photographers like us can snap amazing pictures when the surroundings look like this! Yet another reason why we miss living out there.
The main reason we miss living in Utah: Family. Just look at those girls! They had soo much fun together.
I turned 30 (did I really just write that?) while we were out there. Lots of fun and lots of food! I even got to go to a BYU game!! Thank you Gaby for the tickets!
A highlight of the trip for the kids was our visit to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgivinig Point.


No comments:
Post a Comment